We have extensive experience in all aspects of protected species work for a wide range of species, including otter, water vole, dormouse, badger, bats, great crested newt, reptiles, barn owl and many others. Amongst other things, we can:
- Carry out initial and detailed survey and assessment work
- Provide advice on wildlife law and policy
- Prepare derogation licence applications to the Welsh Government, Natural Resources Wales, Natural England and the Department for the Environment, Food and Rural Affairs
- Capture and translocate protected species
- Design and implement mitigation measures, including artificial badger setts and otter holts, bat-houses, sand martin nest walls, nest-box and bat box schemes etc
- Monitor and asses the results
David Clements Ecology Ltd maintains the close working relationship with the statutory bodies which is vital for the prompt and successful agreement of mitigation strategies for protected species.