DCE Ltd is unusual in being able to provide specialist entomological and invertebrate expertise in-house. David Clements has over 30 years professional experience as an entomologist, having worked as a specialist in museums and for the National Trust, and is a recognised authority on a range of insect and invertebrate groups.
The specialist services we can offer include:
- Coverage of a large range of terrestrial and freshwater insects and invertebrates
- Rapid baseline site survey and evaluation using an ‘indicator species’ approach
- Detailed investigations, systematic sampling and trapping
- Individual rare species surveys, sampling and research
- Licences for the survey and handling of white-clawed crayfish and other protected invertebrate species such as marsh fritillary butterfly
We have an extensive library of technical resources and equipment for carrying out many types of survey.