We need an enthusiastic, independent, self-reliant and flexible senior to join our team. You will have a good biological degree and at least 3 years’ relevant professional experience. You will have excellent field skills, including botanical and habitat survey to at least Phase 1 level and preferably to NVC level. Fauna skills are also highly desirable, and a bat and/or dormouse licence would be a distinct advantage as would being a full member of CIEEM. You should be familiar with wildlife law, planning and development matters, and related conservation and ecological policy, and have excellent report-writing, communication, organisational and workplace IT skills. You will also have a full, clean driving licence and own your own car.
The work involves some unsocial hours, and will involve inter alia:
• carrying out ecological surveys and preparing assessment reports of varying kinds;
• preparing management plans, method statements, mitigation and enhancement strategies etc;
• ecology-related planning and development work;
• applications for protected species licences;
• BREEAM assessments;
• commissioned research for statutory agencies, local authorities and other bodies;
• day-to-day dealing with clients, and their agents and contractors;
• responsibility for the management of individual projects and budgets etc;
We offer a friendly, relaxed and well-equipped work environment, as well as training and other benefits.
Salary dependent on experience.
Please send a CV and covering letter to:
Dr Neil Price
CLOSING DATE: 28th FEBRUARY 2017