David Clements Ecology Ltd is a highly experienced and successful ecological consultancy based near Cardiff.
The company was established in 1996 by David Clements and has since grown to become one of the most highly respected consultancies in the South Wales region.
Our company offers a wide range of ecological services to private companies and individuals, as well as to the public sector, statutory bodies and local authorities. We have carried out over 600 projects throughout Wales and beyond, mainly in connection with planning, development and construction matters.
Our consultants can carry out surveys and prepare mitigation strategies for a wide range of terrestrial and freshwater habitats and species. All our work is carried out by experienced and licensed personnel and is based on the latest scientific evidence, guidance and research. We have an especially strong record in dealing with the legal, development control, policy and licensing aspects of such work.
Our ecological activities include:
- Extended Phase 1 (‘Preliminary’) ecological assessments
- National Vegetation Classification (NVC) surveys
- River Corridor, River Habitat and BMP surveys
- Specialist bat surveys, building, tree and habitat assessments
- Great crested newt surveys and pond (HSI) assessments
- Reptile surveys, and fence, trap and clear projects
- Hedgerow assessments and surveys
- Barn owl surveys
- Badger surveys
- Otter surveys
- Water vole surveys
- Dormouse surveys
- Small mammal surveys
- Bird surveys, including detailed nesting surveys
- Surveys and habitat assessments for marsh fritillary butterfly
- White-clawed crayfish surveys
- Specialist invertebrate and entomological surveys
- Strategic and research projects
Contact us direct to ask about your survey and licensing requirements.
We have huge experience in designing and implementing mitigation, compensation and enhancement strategies, and in dealing with local planning authorities and the statutory agencies.
Our company can carry out BREEAM and Code for Sustainable Homes (CSH) assessments, and has a proven track record of maximising the number of ecology credits which developments can achieve.
We can also provide advice on habitat restoration and creation schemes, contribute to Environmental Impact Assessments and formulate management plans. We have a strong commercial background – offering you a cost-effective and problem-solving approach.